Cobham 80th Anniversary, 1934 - 2014

Frequently Asked Questions

Contacting Equiniti, the registrars for Cobham:
Equiniti, the registrars for Cobham, can answer many of your questions and can be contacted at:

Equiniti Limited
Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex BN99 6DA
Telephone: 0371 384 2163

We have been made aware that a number of shareholders have received unsolicited calls from a 3rd party Company, who appear to be aware that they hold shares. This service HAS NOT BEEN ENDORSED BY THE COMPANY and shareholders should be advised NOT to divulge any personal details to callers.
Shareholders should be encouraged to report these calls either to the FCA or to “Action Fraud”. Click here for contact details.

Cobham specific questions follow:

Can I receive my shareholder documents electronically?
Yes, simply log on to the Equiniti website at and register your preference. You will then be notified when we mail out documents to shareholders and be directed to where you can pick up the documents electronically.

How can I check my register details?
You can log onto the Equiniti Shareview website at where you will be able to check your details, including your shareholding, dividend payments and various transactions. The service is secure, free and easy to use. You will need your shareholder reference number to access this service: this can be found on your share certificate or from a dividend tax counterfoil. You will be asked to select your own PIN and a user ID will be posted to you.

What do I need to do if I change my address?
If you move home you will need to inform Equiniti of your new address. You can write to them directly or alternatively contact them via the Equiniti website at

If you hold shares in joint names, the notification to change address must be signed by the first named shareholder. Equiniti will be able to help you with any questions you may have.

What do I need to do if I change my name?
If you change your name please inform Equiniti of your new details and previous name. You should also attach a copy of your marriage certificate or your change of name deed together with your original share certificate(s) and any unpaid dividend cheques in your old name. Equiniti will then re-issue them. If you have changed address too, see "What do I need to do if I change my address?"

How do I report the death of a registered holder?
If you are administering the estate of a shareholder who has died you may need to affect a transfer of shares into the name of nominated beneficiaries or sell the holding. If the shares are held in joint names, the registrar will need to receive a copy of the death certificate and the share certificate. The shares can then be transferred into the name of the surviving holder. If a grant of probate is being sought, Equiniti will require sight of the original or a copy that must bear an impressed seal; photocopies are not accepted. The original share certificate(s) should accompany the document notifying death.

I am receiving two sets of communications from Cobham. How can I stop this?
If shares are bought at different times the registration details given to Equiniti might differ slightly on each occasion. This can result in Equinti opening two accounts with slightly different details. This in turn leads to a dividend cheque being issued in respect of each account each time a dividend is paid, and the duplication of other shareholder communications. If your shareholding is duplicated in this way, please contact Equiniti who will send you an account combination form for you to complete and return to them.

My share certificate has been lost/stolen/never arrived following a recent share purchase – how do I get a replacement?
If you lose your share certificate, or it has been stolen, you should inform Equiniti immediately. A record of the missing share certificate will be made to prevent it from being used and a letter of indemnity will be sent to you to sign. In signing this indemnity, you are confirming that if the missing certificate subsequently comes to light, you will return it to Equiniti to be cancelled. This is to protect you and Cobham from possible misuse of your certificate while it is not in your possession. A replacement certificate will then be sent to you. There is a charge for this service, so you are advised to keep your share certificates in a safe and secure place.

Can I have dividends paid into my bank account rather than receive a cheque? 
The facility to have dividends paid into your bank account is available to shareholders. If you decide you prefer to have your dividend payments paid into an account please contact Equiniti to arrange.

I've lost my dividend cheque how can I obtain a replacement?
If you lose a dividend cheque before you have had the opportunity of paying into your account then you need to contact Equiniti in writing as soon as possible. Equiniti will conduct the necessary checks and make the necessary arrangements to re-issue. The re-issue may be subject to an administration fee.

I haven't received my last dividend cheque. What should I do?
Please contact Equiniti, who will investigate the reason for non-receipt.

To avoid this problem, you should consider having your dividend cheques paid directly into your bank or building society account (see link to Can I have my dividends paid into my bank account rather than receive a cheque?)

My dividend cheque is out of date, what should I do?
Cobham dividend cheques may be cashed within 12 months of issue. After this time they need to be re-issued. You can do this by returning the cheque to Equiniti who will then make the necessary arrangements. The re-issue may be subject to an administration fee.

To avoid this problem, you should consider having your dividend cheques paid directly into your bank or building society account (see link to Can I have my dividends paid into my bank account rather than receive a cheque?)

Can I take my dividends as shares rather than cash?
Dividend re-investment plans are expensive to administer and take up tends to be low. We periodically consider whether such a scheme is appropriate for our needs, but at this time we do not believe there is sufficient demand to justify this.

When are dividends paid?
Cobham normally pays dividends twice a year. Details of when dividends payments are due are detailed on the Cobham website at

How do I transfer my shares?
At some point you may wish to transfer some or all of your shares to someone else (for example, to your partner or a member of your family). To do this you will need to complete a stock transfer form, a form is available on the Equiniti website at and; This form should be fully completed and returned with your share certificate representing at least the number of shares being transferred. Equiniti will then process the transfer and issue a balance share certificate to you if applicable. Equiniti will be able to answer any questions you may have on the completion of the form.

Where can I buy and sell shares in Cobham?
Cobham does not recommend or endorse any specific share-dealing provider. Shareholders or investors who are unsure of what action to take should consult an independent financial advisor.

There are a range of share purchase services available including share ISA's, regular savings accounts and lump sum funds. These services can be accessed via the internet, by telephone, or by post. Examples of such service providers are Equiniti ShareView ( or The Share Centre (

Alternatively you can buy and sell shares through a variety of stock brokers, banks or building societies.

I have a share certificate for shares of 25p; is it worth anything?
In 2005, Cobham received shareholder approval to sub-divide existing shares of 25p into shares of 2.5p which resulted in existing share certificates being withdrawn and replaced with new certificates. If you believe you are missing a certificate, or have an old share certificate which you want to confirm whether it is current, please contact Equiniti who will be able to assist you.

Which stock exchange is Cobham listed on?
The shares in Cobham are listed on the London Stock Exchange.

What is the current Capital of Cobham?
Share capital information is available on the Cobham website at